12.11.2008

Holiday Shopping On A Budget


I read a wonderful post this morning from Jane4girls about how to shop during the holidays on a budget and one of her points stuck in my head. Check out her posting for yourself...

My DH and I were able to spend a great evening out together, first a winter dinner at a local restaurant with the Bovina Lions Club and then a really romantic stroll with my DH through the home improvement aisles of Lowes...(yes, we have been married over 19 years and I really do think it is romantic!!!).

Then I spied a huge banner over the gift cards at the front of the store. Receive $10 gift certificate when you purchase over $100 in gift cards. Hmmmm....

So we had just returned over $300 in the wrong style of door knobs for the house and my DH had over $140 of items in the cart, just a couple of quick questions to the clerk and my DH agreed to 'try' my giftcard purchase suggestion.

As Jane said, if you are going to be purchasing items anyway at a store with an offer on their giftcards, then just purchase the giftcard beforehand and use it for your purchase.

So I had hubby by a giftcard for $140 and then turned around and used it for our purchase of over $156 in Lowes items. Pretty good, from the details on the receipt I could then just go home and register online in order to receive my giftcard good for $10 off of a future $10 or greater purchase at Lowes. Works for me...

Keep an eye out for similar deals at your local stores. From what I read at Lowe's website, I am eligible to do this up to two additional times for a total of $30 in giftcards, we'll have to see what other major purchase needs come our way...

Bookmark and Share

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Fly Away' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP